Group Involvement, NEC Laboratories Europe
Ernö Kovacs is interested in creating advanced technologies for the Internet-of-Things and the future Society 5.0. With his team, he is addressing challenges of large scale edge-cloud systems, the creation of data spaces, and the research of how to create intelligent services. His team has created essential technologies and standards which are currently being used by over 200 cities in the world. The ETSI ISG CIM standard NGSI-LD is the foundation for products in Europe, Japan and India. It is the cornerstone of the FIWARE open source eco-system, defines the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) building block “Context Broker”, and is used by OASC (Open and Agile Smart Cities), IUDX (Indian Urban Data Exchange), the Korean CityHub strategic national project, and well as the Japanese SIP program for Smart Cities.
- F.-J. Wu et al., ‘PassengerFlows: A Correlation-based Passenger Estimator in Automated Public Transport’, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 2020.
- Jonathan Fürst, Mauricio Fadel Argerich, Bin Cheng, and Ernö Kovacs. "Towards knowledge infusion for robust and transferable machine learning in IoT." Open Journal of Internet Of Things (OJIOT) 6, no. 1 (2020): 24-34.
- J. Fürst, M. F. Argerich, B. Cheng, and E. Kovacs, ‘Towards knowledge infusion for robust and transferable machine learning in IoT’, Open Journal of Internet Of Things (OJIOT), vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 24–34, 2020.
- H. Hildmann and E. Kovacs, ‘Using unmanned aerial vehicles (uavs) as mobile sensing platforms (msps) for disaster response, civil security and public safety’, Drones, vol. 3, no. 3, p. 59, 2019.
- Flavio Cirillo, Gürkan Solmaz, Everton Luís Berz, Martin Bauer, Bin Cheng, and Ernö Kovacs. "A standard-based open source IoT platform: FIWARE." IEEE Internet of Things Magazine 2, no. 3 (2019): 12-18.
- F. Cirillo, F.-J. Wu, G. Solmaz, and E. Kovacs, ‘Embracing the future internet of things’, Sensors, vol. 19, no. 2, p. 351, 2019.
- F. Cirillo, N. Capuano, S. P. Romano, and E. Kovacs, ‘LIoTS: League of IoT Sovereignties. A Scalable approach for a Transparent Privacy-safe Federation of Secured IoT Platforms’, in 2019 IEEE 44th Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), 2019, pp. 226–229.
- H. Hildmann, E. Kovacs, F. Saffre, and A. Isakovic, ‘Nature-inspired drone swarming for real-time aerial data-collection under dynamic operational constraints’, Drones, vol. 3, no. 3, p. 71, 2019.
- G. Solmaz et al., ‘Toward understanding crowd mobility in smart cities through the internet of things’, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 40–46, 2019.
- Bin Cheng, Gürkan Solmaz, Flavio Cirillo, Ernö Kovacs, Kazuyuki Terasawa, Atsushi Kitazawa. “FogFlow: Easy programming of IoT services over cloud and edges for smart cities.” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2017 (Best Paper Award Runner-up)
- F.-J. Wu, G. Solmaz, and E. Kovacs, ‘Toward the Future World of Internet-of-Things’, in 2018 Global Internet of Things Summit (GIoTS), 2018, pp. 1–6.
- Bin Cheng; Salvatore Longo, Flavio Cirillo, Martin Bauer, and Ernoe Kovacs. “Building a big data platform for smart cities: Experience and lessons from Santander.” 2015 IEEE International Congress on Big Data, 2015, IEEE