Bin Cheng is interested to address the essential challenges of large scale data-oriented systems/services in terms of integration, interoperability, programmability, and automated deployment. He initiates and contributes to the open-source edge computing framework FogFlow.
- Flavio Cirillo, Bin Cheng, Raffaele Porcellana; Marco Russo, Gürkan Solmaz, Hisashi Sakamoto, and Simon Pietro Romano. “IntentKeeper: Intent-oriented Data Usage Control for Federated Data Analytics.” IEEE 45th Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), 2020, IEEE
- Mauricio Fadel Argerich, Jonathan Fürst, and Bin Cheng. "Tutor4RL: Guiding Reinforcement Learning with External Knowledge." In AAAI Spring Symposium: Combining Machine Learning with Knowledge Engineering (1). 2020.
- Jonathan Fürst, Mauricio Fadel Argerich, Bin Cheng, and Ernö Kovacs. "Towards knowledge infusion for robust and transferable machine learning in IoT." Open Journal of Internet Of Things (OJIOT) 6, no. 1 (2020): 24-34.
- Bin Cheng, Jonathan Fuerst, Gurkan Solmaz, and Takuya Sanada. "Fog function: Serverless fog computing for data intensive iot services." In IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC), pp. 28-35. IEEE, 2019. (Best Paper Award)
- Flavio Cirillo, Gürkan Solmaz, Everton Luís Berz, Martin Bauer, Bin Cheng, and Ernö Kovacs. "A standard-based open source IoT platform: FIWARE." IEEE Internet of Things Magazine 2, no. 3 (2019): 12-18.
- Bin Cheng, Gürkan Solmaz, Flavio Cirillo, Ernö Kovacs, Kazuyuki Terasawa, Atsushi Kitazawa. “FogFlow: Easy programming of IoT services over cloud and edges for smart cities.” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2017 (Best Paper Award Runner-up)
- Bin Cheng, Apostolos Papageorgiou, and Martin Bauer. "Geelytics: Enabling on-demand edge analytics over scoped data sources." In 2016 IEEE International Congress on Big Data (BigData Congress), pp. 101-108. IEEE, 2016.
- Bin Cheng; Salvatore Longo, Flavio Cirillo, Martin Bauer, and Ernoe Kovacs. “Building a big data platform for smart cities: Experience and lessons from Santander.” 2015 IEEE International Congress on Big Data, 2015, IEEE